Wednesday 3 December 2014

Advertising My Music Video


There are many ways in which my music video will be shared and advertised to the target audience. The first media platform that would feature my music video is YouTube.
The reason why YouTube will be a good way to advertise and share my music video is because it is available to so many people around the world and is free. Which means more people are likely to see the music video and share it with friends in person or on social networking sites such as Facebook or Twitter. Also because it is user generated it means that the content can be put on with no cost making it easier and cheaper for the video to get noticed. The popularity of YouTube is what makes it a good platform to share my music video onto because of the amount of users on the internet the video will be seen more frequently. YouTube is also quite modern and the majority of users probably range from 15-25 year old's, which fits in with my target audience which means by featuring on YouTube it will attract a bigger fan base of my target audience.

The next site that my music video will feature on is Twitter. This is because of the massive amount of people that will have Twitter. The high control that social networks have over the media would come in handy when advertising my music video.  By creating a Twitter profile for the band it means they could build up a fan base and then share content on there. Once again having a cheap and easy way to promote themselves.
Both YouTube and Twitter link together when finding ways to advertise the band because the YouTube link for their song could be put on Twitter therefore meaning it will get more views and more popular because people from both social networking sites can share the content with each other.

My music video will be frequently shown on music channels such as 'Kerrang'and 'MTV Rocks' this is because of the genre of the song. I would choose to have it aired on these channels because they would be the main channels that my taget audience would watch and therefore would result in getting more publicity for my bands song. However it could also be shown on other channels such as MTV because a different target auidence could end up liking it and will attract more of an audinece which will give my video more publicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment