Friday 5 December 2014

Blundell Street Board School

This building was the perfect location for my music video. It had the run down, abandoned look which I wanted for my music video. I felt it fit really well with the genre of music my video is and it seemed like it would be different from other existing music videos.
With it being built in 1878 it had a very old fashioned style to it which I thought looked amazing and would look great in my music video.





















However there are were problems that followed with trying to use this location. There has previously been fires here meaning the floors, walls and doors are crumbling and could fall, which makes it very dangerous to film in because there are risks of certain parts of the building collapsing, this means it goes against many health and safety precautions.
I wouldn't only be in charge of my health and wellbeing but also the people who I am using for my music video.
When reading about this building there were also articles which were quite worrying, such as:

This article suggested that because the state the building is in if you go without asking permission there is a chance something could happen, possibly resulting in death. So using the building could be quite a high risk and not worth getting hurt for.


























Another problem was that the building could possibly going through refurbishment's  which means the building could possibly not look like how it is in these images anymore, and therefore would no longer be a useful location for my music video.

There was contact information included where you could send the owner of the building asking for his permission to use the building, however this received no reply, probably because the risk is just too high to grant permission for the use of the building.

Although this was a fantastic location and would have looked very effective when filming my music video, the risks and problems are just too high. I would rather not risk people getting hurt for the purpose of the music video.
Hopefully I will be able to find a more suitable location to film in which is more compatible with health and safety risks.

No comments:

Post a Comment