Saturday 21 March 2015

Photoshopping: Album Cover

 To create my album cover I started off by making a new page on Photoshop. I then added the image that I wanted as the main focus of the album cover.

I then opened an image I had got off of Google and put it on Photoshop, I then cut around the part of the wolfs face that I wanted with the lasso tool, on the toolbar and then dragged it onto the cover.  Firstly when I was thinking of ideas for the album cover I wanted a wolf face merged with the model because I thought it would fit with the theme.

I zoomed out to look at the full image and wasn't too sure whether it looked effective or not because it hadn't merged the way I wanted it to look. 



Because i wasn't sure about whether or not it looked good or professional I decided to try it where only half of the models face was a wolf, but once again I didn't really think it looked very professional and realistic so I opted for a different idea. 


I went onto Google and got an image of a wolf shadow. I cut out this image once again with the lasso tool and dragged it onto my album cover. Because it had orange within it, it didn't look like a shadow. So in order to solve this I went onto the paint brush tool and painted it all black. Once I had done that I lowered the opacity of the image and put it behind the model so it looked like his shadow. 



I then thought I would see what it looked like the the full wolf face, but it didn't like the way it looked.


This was the same with the half wolf face. It seemed to be too much of the animal. Whereas the shadow by itself looked more subtle and mysterious. 

 Finally I added the name of the band in bold font across the middle of the cover. Keeping the shadow in the background and putting the name of the album "Beyond It All" across the eyes of the main image, this once again adding mystery to the cover.
I also added a effect to the main image which was called 'Cartoon' however I added this effect on Final Cut Pro not Photoshop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment