Friday 20 March 2015

Second Full Draft


Since the first full draft of my music video I have made a few changes in order to improve it and make it look more professional.

When I was first editing my video I wanted to make it so the bands performance was in black and white, whilst the narrative side of the video would be in colour. This I thought would be easier for the audience to see the contrast between what was real and what was pretend and would result in a good media product.
However because the bands performance takes up most of the video it means that a lot of the footage is in black and white and does begin to get a bit boring, meaning that the audience may lose interest as the video goes on because a lot of the shots are very similar.

So to improve on this I thought it would be best to add more colour within the black and white shots to add a bit more variety to make the video more interesting. I also added a few more edits such as Blurs and Cross Dissolves  to add more excitement and a faster pace to my video.

It also came to my attention that the first shot of my video was far too long and had to be shortened because it went on for too long and looked very plain, it also didn't match the pace of the beats and instruments in the song. So I included a few more shots within that long clip such as close ups and flashes of colour, which definitely improved it.

The colour changes I have added do improve the video a lot. However there are still  things I believe need improving in order to make it even better. There are a few shots where I think the flashes of colour don't look very good and so I want to take some of them out because I don't want them getting boring as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment